Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Gossip Girl doesn't know everything

The other day I was catching up on some quality TiVo time when I started a Gossip Girl marathon. What can I say? I'm addicted. I can't resist the fashion, the music and of course, the drama. I was a huge O.C. fan back in the day, and one of the hidden treasures in this type of show is the music. They play some of the greatest tunes behind all that girl scandal. Gossip Girl introduced me to the Pierces one episode, and the very next day I rushed to our catalog to hunt down their album.

The song I was searching for is the closest thing to a love ballad that a girl like me can stomach. I'd much rather listen to emo-screamo rock then hear Beyonce tell me how she wished she was a boy. But here I was, intrigued. I waited all day long to pop that CD into my car. I was sure I was going to be blown away. Boy, I could not be more disappointed. Imagine old school Gwen Steffani trying to sing with marbles in her mouth with the random cat meow thrown into the mix. That drivel is the core of this album. Having heard "Three Wishes" I don't understand what happened. So, this week, the song I'm featuring is the saving grace of that album, "Three Wishes". Check it out on our MySpace page and you'll see why I went to the effort. Doubt that the rest of the album is as bad as I claim? Check it out and get back to me. Maybe I'm missing something.
In the mean time, I have three wishes of my own:
Wish 1: Gossip Girl will warn us when the albums they feature suck
Wish 2: Gwen Steffani will give the Pierces voice lessons
Wish 3: Ben and Jerry's Chubby Hubby Ice Cream becomes healthier then vegetables

A girl can dream, can't she?

No comments: