Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I need a Paper Route

Who doesn't love a little electronica?

Paper Route is the band of the week. Never heard of them? I'm not surprised. I sort of came across them by accident. I Googled something wrong and bam, music to my ears. Talk about a happy accident. They have this wanna be 80's flash back vibe with a little mellow techno thrown in. Very nice. As far as I can tell, this band is on the newer side. I've only been able to track down the EP's from iTunes and occasionally on a website. I think they're from the UK. So while it may be hard to get your hands on a hard copy, it is definitely worth a trip to our MySpace page to check them out.

"You Kill Me" is the perfect song for anyone who has had their heart a little roughed up by someone they love, but they don't want to whine about it. Sometimes love sucks, but it's not worth the time or energy to gripe about it for a hundred years. This song will not bring you to tears, it will not speak to your soul on some primal level, it's just a good little piece that says "wow, this sucks".

We've all been there. It's almost as common as the paper.

No comments: