Thursday, January 29, 2009

Shaking it with Metro Station


So the artist of the week is one that has been blowing up my iPod for a few months now. I'm not gonna lie, I am a more then a little obsessed with Metro Station. I completely dig that they have this 1980's electronica vibe to them that makes me want to shake it (I kind of set myself up for that one!). I'm not joking. I probably shouldn't be admitting this, but it is more then a little possible that I have had dance parties at my apartment with my one year old niece to "Seventeen Forever". And when I say with my niece, I actually mean alone by myself. Or both. Semantics.

Anyways, I just now realized that one of the members, Trace Cyrus, is actually the brother of Miley Cyrus. Who knew? Everyone, apparently. Does that family have the gift or what? Is there a single Cyrus who doesn't have a platinum album?

So the song this week I'm featuring is one of their lesser known treasures, "Kelsey". Hop on over to our MySpace page if you want to see a side of Metro Station that gives "Shake It" a run for it's money.

No comments: