Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Does This Book Make Me Look Fat?

Does This Book Make Me Look Fat? Stories about loving - and loathing- your body edited by Marissa Walsh

What does that song by John Mayer say? You're body is a wonderland? That's for sure. Some day's I wake up and am having the best hair day ever, where my skin is fantastic and my lashes look long and luscious. Other days I want to put a bag over my head and walk around in pj's. For those of you never really know what side of the mirror you are waking up on, this book's for you.

This book is great collection of short stories written by a bunch of people, both men and women, who are either loving or loathing their bodies. Some stories will make you laugh until you cry, others will just make you cry, but either way, you are in for a great read. Besides, who doesn't love a short story? I may not always have time for a 300 page novel, but I can usually squeeze 4 pages of fun into my day.

If I'm not selling this book, and the title isn't enough to make you run for your library card, let me show you their dedication. It was written by none other then the biggest diva ever, Miss Piggy herself: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary form time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye".

Enough said, enough read.

No comments: