Friday, February 6, 2009

The Pussycat Dolls are making me a hater

I think the Pussycat Dolls are making me a hater.

Seriously, lately I've been noticing how that I've been flippin for things that talk about hate. I just finished this amazing book, Hate That Cat, and I have to admit I was digging the angst. I really think this started when I really began liking the song "I Hate This Part".

I kind of hate that I like that song. I am so not a big fan of the Pussycat Dolls. I have never been into groups that are together because a producer told them to be. While I boycotted Making the Band on MTV, I thought it was absolutely ridiculous that there was a TV show on the CW for the Next Pussycat Doll. What is even more ridiculous that the "winner" isn't even really one of the Dolls, so what did she win exactly? It makes my blood boil that music is more of a business of being a show then making good music. The Pussycat Dolls are the truest form of that business. I think music should be written by the people performing it. I think music should be performed by people who have been together for more then a second. And I really think music should be performed by people wearing more clothing then a bathing suit. Call me crazy but I will never understand the relationship between pleather and good vocals.

But yet here I am, downloading the single and turning up the volume to full blast every time "I Hate This Part" comes on. Never before has a song said so simply how I feel about the end of a relationship. I hate it. And I love this song for saying what I can't, even if deep down I hate myself a little for starting to dig this band.

No comments: