Friday, February 13, 2009

Take home a Grammy


I got so lost in my disgust for Chris Brown's actions before the Grammy's that I completely forgot to talk about the Grammy's themselves! Ugh, I need to get him out of my head! Talk about a waste of energy.
I was really glad to see Jennifer Hudson rock the house with her performance, and even more happy to see her take home a Grammy. Take that Simon! But the thing I was the most happy for was to see Adele win Best New Artist of the Year. I love her sound. It is classic but still really fresh. I am crazy for her song, "Right as Rain" and I don't know about you, but I need to be refreshed. This song is uber refreshing. It's just as Fleetwood Mac says "when the rain washes you clean then you'll know". The line may be dated, but it is so true.

So get your vibe washed clean, and if afterwords if you feel nostalgic about this year's Grammy's, check out these other 2009 winners:
Best Rock Album: Viva la Vida by Coldplay
Best Country Performance by Duo or Group: "Stay" by Sugarland
Best Instrumental Performance: "Peaches En Regalia" by Frank Zappa
Best Metal Performance: "My Apacolypse" by Metalica
Best Solo Rock Performance: "Gravity" by John Mayer
Best Alternative Music Album: In Rainbows by Radiohead
Best Pop Vocal Album: Rockferry by Duffy
Best Pop Instrumental Performance: "I dreamed there was no war" by the Eagles
Best Contemporary R&B Album: Growing Pains by Mary J. Blige
Best Female R&B Vocal Performance: "Superwoman" by Alicia Keyes
Best Compilation Album from a Motion Picture: Juno
Best Score Soundtrack Album for Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media: The Dark Knight by James Newton Howard and Hans Zimmer
Best Electronic Dance Album: Alive 2007 by Daft Punk
Best Short Form Music Video: "Pork and Beans" by Weezer
Best Female Country Vocal Performance: "Last Name" by Carrie Underwood

No comments: