Monday, December 29, 2008

Beyonce "Knowles" the single ladies

All the single ladies, all the single ladies...

I have to do it. There's no way to avoid it. I have to feature Beyonce's track, "Single Ladies", which you can hear on our MySpace page. I know that I usually display music that is complicated or underground, but sometimes the song that needs to be added to the rotation is the simple stuff, the stuff you dance to. I fell in love with Chris Brown because of one single line in one single song ("Look what I can do with my feet") and sometimes that's what music should be; randomness.

However this week's song is not completely random. I was inspired by three specific things. The first was an awesome GNO with my two cousins who are twelve and thirteen that have thankfully filled me in on a ton of Jonas Brothers/Miley Cyrus drama. These single ladies dig this tune. The second reason why this song is this weeks must play is honor of my niece, Phoebe, who turns one today. I kid you not, every time the song comes on, she starts shakin' it. Just imagine a baby doing a serious head nod to the beat while she gansta leans in her car seat. She even brings out the sideways thug point with her hand. It is HI-larious! But most importantly this song is getting its props as we approach the mother of all unreasonably, ridiculous romantic holidays. I don't know why New Years has turned into a couples holiday. Everyone has to change the calendar whether they have someone when the ball drops or not. Beyonce's okay with the singles, so why isn't Rockin' Eve?

So let's hear it for the single ladies (and guys) who know their worth no matter what. The people who are funny, thoughtful and good friends. The people who know how to ring the new year in style. Let's face it, if you are reading this blog on a regular basis, then clearly you have fabulous taste.
And if you like it, then you should put a ring on it. Or at least put us in your favorites.

No comments: