Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Forget being in the know, be ahead of it


As you may or may not know, I like to keep my ear to the pulse of the underground music movement in Cleveland. Back in the day, I used to hit up the old Peabody's downtown to see Mushroomhead. This was back before they got "discovered" and were ruined by great reviews and conformity. This was also a time when mosh pits were a response to music, not a desire to get your face elbowed. Sigh...enough of my trip down musical memory lane. I still like to know what's hot before everyone else does. I like saying to people, "Oh yeah, I've been listening to them for years." I'm a little bit of a snob that way. On that note, let me introduce you to a stellar progressive rock band, Ruled by Reason.

This band is so new to the scene that their songs don't have names only numbers. They haven't gone to the recoding studio yet. It's worth a listen, though. I found out about this group because I work with Chris Glavac, the bassist. He is unbelievably cool, and then when we started talking music I realized he had fab taste. Seriously, check out their MySpace page and look at their friend list. The list of bands is amazing. And this band is amazing. If they don't blow up the prog rock scene, there is be no justice in the world. I do want to give you a heads up that this band is not for the faint of heart. It is intense, heavy, deliciously beautiful metal. Those brave pop rock listeners what are looking to push the envelope are in for a shocking, unexpected treat. Check out our MySpace page and you'll see what all my hype is about.

No comments: