Sunday, December 28, 2008

Don't bury Charlie Bone!

Midnight for Charlie Bone by Jenny Nimmo

The other day and I saw the Twilight movie, again, and had my first viewing of the newest Harry Potter movie that will be released next year. (The trailer looks fantastic, by the way. Check out our MySpace page to get a sneak peak) Every time I see Harry Potter, I feel a little bit sorry for this fantastic series that got lost in the shuffle; Charlie Bone. Don't get me wrong, I love the Potter books probably more then is healthy. I was the person who waited in line at midnight to get the books on the day they were released, I still go to the midnight showings of the movies, and it is more then possible (cough) that I had my sister buy me a time turner for Christmas a few years ago. But in the mystical magic that is the Harry Potter phenomenon, Nimmo's fabulous series of books got overlooked.

Similar to Harry, Charlie is a boy who mysteriously discovers his magical powers and is sent off to a school for gifted students. Aside from them both having a father who died under questionable circumstances, this is where the similarities end. Charlie's gift is that he can communicate with people through photos. I used to think that if I had a supernatural power I would want it to be time travel or mind reading, but after the Bone books, I'm starting to rethink the photo thing isn't a bad gig.

Looking for something to listen to while your doing the dishes? This series also comes in audio book form. So for those of you who loved Harry Potter and are looking to fill the void now that the last book has been published, check out the Charlie Bone series. It's worth digging up.

No comments: