Monday, March 9, 2009

One Tree Hill is not lying!

One Tree Hill has been playing the good stuff!

This past Friday was my birthday, so I treated myself right by catching up on some quality trash TV. You know, Gossip Girl, America's Next Top Model, Make Me a Supermodel and my new fave, One Tree Hill. I know OTH has been around for years, but I never was able to catch it. Once I checked out the boxed seasons sets I became obsessed, and now my TiVo is on overdrive.

Much like these other pseudo-soap operas, I think it's the music that takes it to the next level. I swear that once I heard Carolina Liar's "Show Me What I'm Looking For" come on into some unnecessarily dramatic scene with Payton, Lucas, and a doctors office, I got a little choked up. There may have been some tears, I'm not gonna lie. Good music will do that to you; it makes even the most ridiculous scene seem fantastic. Talk about knowing your audience!

So the song of the week is the song that had me reaching for the tissues.

No comments: