Friday, March 27, 2009

White Lies never hurt any one

"Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies" - Fleetwood Mac

Finally, a band with class.

I was watching David Letterman the other night, when I saw the greatest band play. It was kismet. I was meant to see that performance. I never watch Dave; I'm a Jay/Jimmy/TMZ girl. But OMG! I may be flipping to CBS more often.

Usually I'm disappointed when a band gets some cred before they are even a blip on my radar, but not this time. Not only were the band members foxy, the music rocked. And the band rocked it out. I don't know what was better, the sultry Doors-ish sound they had, or the fact that everyone was wearing suits, even the drummer. It's nice to see a band that can class it up, both is artistic style and fashions style.

Normally I pick a song of the week, but White Lies is too good to be picky. I downloaded the album from iTunes, and it is one amazing song after another. So instead of a song of the week, I invite you to listen to the album of the week.

They are in a class all of their own.

No comments: