Monday, April 13, 2009

For all the Diary of a Wimpy Kid Fans...

The Frandidate by Jim Benton

This is a little shout out for all of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid fans out there. (oh, and day 9 of BEDA. I didn't forget, I had technological issues this weekend!)

Meet Franny K. Stein, mad scientist, whose inventions for disaster end up being a disaster. With the same kind of humor you find in Kinney's books, this series is sure to entertain audiences of any age. Benton is a the bridge between the Captain Underpants books and the Wimpy Kid books. It may be a random blend, but it's a well constructed blend. I didn't know kids books could talk about politics and other social issues while still having weird cartoons and pictures every few pages. Now that I've read it, I can't imagine going back.

So if you're looking for a read-alike that doesn't feel like a copy cat, be sure to check out this series.

1 comment:

JAS said...

Both my Tween Daughters (Age 8 and 12)LOVE this series. Book 4 (Dog Days) just came out and I have two kids bugging me to get it! I can't write about how the Boy's like this series but for Girls, Mine love it! I wrote in my blog just yesterday about the 4th book!

http://momoftweenshelp.blogspot.com/2009/10/diary-of-wimpy-kid.html