Thursday, April 9, 2009

Love Being Haunted by the Black Ghosts

BEDA Day 7

I know the Twilight soundtrack has been out forever, but I can't seem to get it out of my CD player. Actually, I can't get off the third track. The Black Ghosts has this a-MAZE-ing song "Full Moon" that rocks my socks. I'm addicted to it so I figured, why not make it the song of the week?

I don't know why, but every time I hear this song the word "deconstructed" pops into my head. It isn't really deconstructed. It is a solid and well organized piece. I think what makes me think deconstruction is it's exposure of all its nuts and bolds. This band cleverly tears apart it's components and builds it back up piece by piece. For some reason hearing them lay those parts on top of each other makes the ending so much more powerful then the beginning even though it's basically the same thing. Oh, and to top it off, it has a killer base line. A good base line can make or break a song, and this is the perfect example of how much better the song is because of that line. And the ending has this random bell note that goes back to that deconstructed thing. That note is so unexpected, but after hearing it, you can't help but think it's necessary. If they were to take it out now, the song would be ruined.

Musical logistics not your thing? Don't worry lyric lovers, this song will be right up your alley. Seriously, check this out: "But I don't know where I am and I don't trust who I've been". Stellar.

Want to give it a listen? Check out the Twilight soundtrack today!

No comments: