Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Gossip Girl creating fashion designers?

Beda Day 4

So I'm sure you've heard the phrase "art imitating life" but what about the other way around?

Much like her character on Gossip Girl, Jenny Humphry, Taylor Momsen is apparently going to be launching her own fashion line in the very near future. I can't help but ask the question, if she wasn't one of the stars of a fashion forward TV show, would she even be interested in being a designer? And if her character didn't design such stellar stuff, would we be interested in her line? I'm the first to admit that I get a lot of my fashion advice from trash TV like everything on the CW and reality shows, but I don't for a second think that the actors are the people who make these decisions. It was really just a fluke that Sarah Jessica Parker had her own sense of style pre-SATC, and because of that I find myself going to the show stylist pages rather then the stars when I want to know what color is in or if I should wear headbands.

But who knows, maybe Taylor knows her stuff. I usually see her on the what to do lists instead of the what to don'ts. I guess it doesn't really matter whose making it as long as GG keeps showing it. Lets just hope Momsen doesn't become a funkified diva like Little J...

No comments: